Chrysalis Center’s fundraising events are a wonderful and fun way to support our mission! Join us.
Did you know that by designing and hosting your own fundraising event for Chrysalis Center, you can be part of the solution? It’s fun, simple and impactful!
There are so many ways that you can raise funds to support our mission and help us transform lives. Whether you host a sports challenge, a formal event, or your own unique creation, you can make a big difference in the life of an individual or family…and have a great time!
Download our Fundraising Toolkit (PDF) and make a difference today! Here are just a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Brown Bag Lunch Challenge: Challenge your coworkers to bring their lunch to work one day a week, and donate the money they have saved to Freshplace, our innovative food pantry which provides fresh and nutritious food and case management services to help people in need. You can also challenge them to forfeit their morning latte.
- Jeans Day: Staff or students can pay $5 each to wear jeans instead of more formal attire!
- Lunch and Learn: Schedule a lunch and learn at your work, and Chrysalis Center will send a speaker to tell your staff about our life-changing programs and how you can make a difference.
- Fund or Collection Drive: Host a fund drive or collect items for Chrysalis Center clients at your office, on campus, or with friends online. Set a realistic goal and challenge others to participate by donating money or goods to benefit Chrysalis Center. Encourage them to get their friends and family involved. Tip: You can work with your Human Resources, Community Relations or Student Outreach department to get everyone involved and make this an annual event.
- Birthday Gifts: In lieu of gifts, ask your friends, family and coworkers to donate to Chrysalis Center in honor of your birthday.
- Athletic Milestone: Running a marathon or riding in a bike race? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a tribute gift to Chrysalis Center in your honor.
- Walk/Run: Organize your own walk/run with friends, colleagues, and family. Plan a route in your neighborhood (or venture somewhere new) and end with a casual lunch or barbecue. Encourage participants to bring a donation for Chrysalis Center.
- Car Wash: Organize a car wash and donate proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Scouts or Mitzvah Project: This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved and instill the values of philanthropy at a young age. Here’s a great example of one 16-year-old who came through for us!
Do you have feedback, more event suggestions, photos, or a story about an amazing event you’ve hosted? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our Facebook page.