Chrysalis Center’s fundraising events are a wonderful and fun way to support our mission!
Chrysalis Center is excited to bring you our Annual Christmas Tree and Holiday Wreath Sale! This annual event is generously sponsored by The Hartford and provides complimentary trees to families living in the North End Hartford, the poorest neighborhoods in Hartford.
Chrysalis Center’s Hartford campus turns into a winter wonderland featuring fresh-cut balsam fir Christmas Trees and wreaths for sale to the public, as well as fresh baked goodies from La Cocina Catering, the organization’s social enterprise program which trains individuals in the culinary arts field to help them secure a job and become economically independent. The event is held outdoors, and procedures are in place to ensure the safety of customers, volunteers, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, which include wearing a mask and social distancing.
New this year is “Sponsor A Tree” which allows individuals to “sponsor” a Christmas tree online for people in need who may otherwise not be able to purchase a tree. To sponsor a tree visit: https://chrysaliscenterct.org/give/make-a-gift/donate/ We are grateful to The Hartford for its continued partnership and many years of sponsoring this community event.
Host An Event
Did you know that by designing and hosting your own fundraising event for Chrysalis Center, you can be part of the solution? It’s fun, simple and impactful!
There are so many ways that you can raise funds to support our mission and help us transform lives. Whether you host a sports challenge, a formal event, or your own unique creation, you can make a big difference in the life of an individual or family…and have a great time!
Download our Fundraising Toolkit (PDF) and Corporate Branding Guide (PDF) and make a difference today! Here are just a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Give Back Night: Invite the community to a special night at a restaurant, brewery or pub and donate a percentage of the proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Brown Bag Lunch Challenge: Challenge your coworkers to bring their lunch to work one day a week, and donate the money they have saved to Freshplace, our innovative food pantry which provides fresh and nutritious food and case management services to help people in need. You can also challenge them to forfeit their morning latte.
- Jeans Day: Staff or students can pay $5 each to wear jeans instead of more formal attire!
- Lunch and Learn: Schedule a lunch and learn at your work, and Chrysalis Center will send a speaker to tell your staff about our life-changing programs and how you can make a difference.
- Fund or Collection Drive: Host a fund drive or collect items for Chrysalis Center clients at your office, on campus, or with friends online. Set a realistic goal and challenge others to participate by donating money or goods to benefit Chrysalis Center. Encourage them to get their friends and family involved. Tip: You can work with your Human Resources, Community Relations or Student Outreach department to get everyone involved and make this an annual event.
- Birthday Fundraiser: In lieu of gifts, ask friends, family and coworkers to donate to Chrysalis Center.
- Athletic Milestone: Running a marathon or riding in a bike race? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a tribute gift to Chrysalis Center in your honor.
- Walk/Run: Organize your own walk/run with friends, colleagues, and family. Plan a route in your neighborhood (or venture somewhere new) and end with a casual lunch or barbecue. Encourage participants to bring a donation for Chrysalis Center.
- Car Wash: Organize a car wash and donate proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Scouts or Mitzvah Project: This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved and instill the values of philanthropy at a young age. Here’s a great example of one 16-year-old who came through for us!
Do you have feedback, more event suggestions, photos, or a story about an amazing event you’ve hosted?
Let us know! Email email@example.com or post on our Facebook page