Chrysalis Center’s fundraising events are a wonderful and fun way to support our mission!
Thursday, Oct 15th ~ Annual Butterfly Bash: A Virtual Experience
(Thursday, October 15th 7:00-8:00 pm)
Chrysalis Center is excited to announce our 16th Annual Butterfly Bash will be held VIRTUALLY this year! As our signature fundraising event, the Bash raises much-needed funds to help people transform their lives. Join us as we hear first hand from individuals the impact Chrysalis has had on their lives. All funds raised from the event will support Freshplace, our innovative client-choice, fresh food and case management food pantry located on our main campus. Freshplace focuses on building long-term food security and self-sufficiency by providing individuals with access to fresh and nutritious foods and critical services to address both the immediate need of hunger and the root causes of food insecurity- poverty.
Join us for a fabulous evening, with Renee DiNino from iHeart Media and Scot Haney from WFSB and “Better Connecticut”, as we raise funds for Freshplace! Evening includes passionate client stories, amazing auction items and a delicious dinner provided by La Cocina Catering, our onsite social enterprise.
* To purchase tickets or become a sponsor click HERE
* To become a sponsor or purchase an ad, please contact: Adria Giordano, Director of Development & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org
* To view last year’s Bash Video Click Here *
Host An Event
Did you know that by designing and hosting your own fundraising event for Chrysalis Center, you can be part of the solution? It’s fun, simple and impactful!
There are so many ways that you can raise funds to support our mission and help us transform lives. Whether you host a sports challenge, a formal event, or your own unique creation, you can make a big difference in the life of an individual or family…and have a great time!
Download our Fundraising Toolkit (PDF) and Corporate Branding Guide (PDF) and make a difference today! Here are just a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Give Back Night: Invite the community to a special night at a restaurant, brewery or pub and donate a percentage of the proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Brown Bag Lunch Challenge: Challenge your coworkers to bring their lunch to work one day a week, and donate the money they have saved to Freshplace, our innovative food pantry which provides fresh and nutritious food and case management services to help people in need. You can also challenge them to forfeit their morning latte.
- Jeans Day: Staff or students can pay $5 each to wear jeans instead of more formal attire!
- Lunch and Learn: Schedule a lunch and learn at your work, and Chrysalis Center will send a speaker to tell your staff about our life-changing programs and how you can make a difference.
- Fund or Collection Drive: Host a fund drive or collect items for Chrysalis Center clients at your office, on campus, or with friends online. Set a realistic goal and challenge others to participate by donating money or goods to benefit Chrysalis Center. Encourage them to get their friends and family involved. Tip: You can work with your Human Resources, Community Relations or Student Outreach department to get everyone involved and make this an annual event.
- Birthday Fundraiser: In lieu of gifts, ask friends, family and coworkers to donate to Chrysalis Center.
- Athletic Milestone: Running a marathon or riding in a bike race? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a tribute gift to Chrysalis Center in your honor.
- Walk/Run: Organize your own walk/run with friends, colleagues, and family. Plan a route in your neighborhood (or venture somewhere new) and end with a casual lunch or barbecue. Encourage participants to bring a donation for Chrysalis Center.
- Car Wash: Organize a car wash and donate proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Scouts or Mitzvah Project: This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved and instill the values of philanthropy at a young age. Here’s a great example of one 16-year-old who came through for us!
Do you have feedback, more event suggestions, photos, or a story about an amazing event you’ve hosted?
Let us know! Email email@example.com or post on our Facebook page