Chrysalis Center’s fundraising events are a wonderful and fun way to support our mission!
We are excited to “COME TOGETHER TO END HUNGER” as we host Empty Bowls VIRTUALLY this year! Tickets are only $20 (adults) and $10 (children 3-12) and includes a delicious bowl of soup, fresh-baked sourdough roll and brownie, all provided by La Cocina Catering, Chrysalis Center’s social enterprise program which trains individuals in the culinary arts field to help them secure a job and become economically independent.
We are excited to have Renee DiNino, Director of Community Affairs and On Air Programming for iHeart Media as our Honorary Event Chair! A passionate advocate for those who are struggling, homeless and in need of support, Renee is a wonderful supporter and friend to the organization.
Proceeds will benefit our “FOOD HUB: programs which address the critical issue of food insecurity and lack of fresh and nutritious foods in the community through innovative and hands-on approaches – including our Freshplace food pantry, Urban Roots hydroponics grow center, Homestead Farmers’ Market, Railway Gardens, Cosgrove Commons Food Forest and La Cocina Catering and Culinary Arts Training Kitchen. (To learn more about the Food Hub click: HERE. )
Guests will be able to choose from 4 delicious soup options (pick up that day) and will also receive a beautiful bowl, created by a local artist, as a reminder of all our local community have empty soup bowls.
Can’t join us? You can still make a difference and help feed people in our community! CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION (select “Empty Bowls” under gift designation)
Host An Event
Did you know that by designing and hosting your own fundraising event for Chrysalis Center, you can be part of the solution? It’s fun, simple and impactful!
There are so many ways that you can raise funds to support our mission and help us transform lives. Whether you host a sports challenge, a formal event, or your own unique creation, you can make a big difference in the life of an individual or family…and have a great time!
Download our Fundraising Toolkit (PDF) and Chrysalis Branding Brand Guide (PDF) and make a difference today! Here are just a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Give Back Night: Invite the community to a special night at a restaurant, brewery or pub and donate a percentage of the proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Brown Bag Lunch Challenge: Challenge your coworkers to bring their lunch to work one day a week, and donate the money they have saved to Freshplace, our innovative food pantry which provides fresh and nutritious food and case management services to help people in need. You can also challenge them to forfeit their morning latte.
- Jeans Day: Staff or students can pay $5 each to wear jeans instead of more formal attire!
- Lunch and Learn: Schedule a lunch and learn at your work, and Chrysalis Center will send a speaker to tell your staff about our life-changing programs and how you can make a difference.
- Fund or Collection Drive: Host a fund drive or collect items for Chrysalis Center clients at your office, on campus, or with friends online. Set a realistic goal and challenge others to participate by donating money or goods to benefit Chrysalis Center. Encourage them to get their friends and family involved. Tip: You can work with your Human Resources, Community Relations or Student Outreach department to get everyone involved and make this an annual event.
- Birthday Fundraiser: In lieu of gifts, ask friends, family and coworkers to donate to Chrysalis Center.
- Athletic Milestone: Running a marathon or riding in a bike race? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a tribute gift to Chrysalis Center in your honor.
- Walk/Run: Organize your own walk/run with friends, colleagues, and family. Plan a route in your neighborhood (or venture somewhere new) and end with a casual lunch or barbecue. Encourage participants to bring a donation for Chrysalis Center.
- Car Wash: Organize a car wash and donate proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Scouts or Mitzvah Project: This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved and instill the values of philanthropy at a young age. Here’s a great example of one 16-year-old who came through for us!
Do you have feedback, more event suggestions, photos, or a story about an amazing event you’ve hosted?
Let us know! Email email@example.com or post on our Facebook page