Chrysalis Center’s fundraising events are a wonderful and fun way
to support our mission!
Chrysalis Center invites you
to attend our
18th ANNUAL BUTTERFLY BASH
“Return of the Social Butterfly”
Thursday, October 13, 2022
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Hartford Marriott Downtown
As the signature fundraising event, the Bash raises much-needed funds to help people transform their lives. Our theme this year is “Return of the Social Butterfly” and we invite you to join us,
IN-PERSON, for a special evening as we share inspiring and transformational clients’ stories.
We are excited to have Lisa Carberg from WTNH News 8 as our Master of Ceremonies, as well as delicious food, silent and live auctions and more!
NEW THIS YEAR we will not have our traditional sit down dinner. To keep with the social butterfly theme we will have passed hors d’oeuvres, hot food stations, and desserts. This allows guests to network, see friends they haven’t seen in awhile, and share the good work Chrysalis Center does in the community.
* If you would like to join Chrysalis Center’s Honorary Committee, be a Table Captain, Sponsor or to donate an auction item please contact Lynda Waldron at LWaldron@chrysaliscenterct.org or call 860-263-4412.
Come and support our wonderful farmers and eat healthy!
Our Homestead Farmers’ Market is held weekly in our upper parking lot, located at 255 Homestead Ave, Hartford.
Every week we feature fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and other farmers’ market favorites grown & raised by local Connecticut farmers!
Featured farms are:
- Chrysalis Centers’ Gardens & Urban
- Roots Red, Gold & Green Farm (Hartford)
- Hayes Farms (Rocky Hill)
- San Remo Bakery (Berlin)
- Berger Farm (Berlin)
New farmers added weekly!
* Visitors may use their SNAP (food stamp), electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards, WIC,
and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program benefits to buy items at the Market. *
Join Chrysalis Center in for the Eversource Hartford Marathon!
There are four easy ways to participate.
Run or walk knowing you’re supporting Chrysalis Center’s mission! Get friends, family, neighbors to join.
This is not just about running, this is movement for a purpose.
1. To register as a race participant. CLICK HERE – As a charity race participant you can choose from a variety of races – Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K or Youth!
2. To register to raise funds only. CLICK HERE – Be part of our team without breaking a sweat.
3. Volunteer at the Eversource Hartford Marathon. Volunteers are needed to help on race day! Email Sarah Mitchell – email@example.com – for more information!
4. To make a one-time donation. CLICK HERE
For more information on the Eversource Hartford Marathon CLICK HERE.
Host An Event or Food Drive!
Did you know that by designing and hosting your own fundraising event for Chrysalis Center, you can be part of the solution? It’s fun, simple and impactful!
You can also host a food drive for our Freshplace Food Pantry, which feeds up to 100 families in Hartford year round.
There are so many ways that you can raise funds to support our mission and help us transform lives. Whether you host an event or food drive (or collection drive), you can make a big difference in the life of an individual or family…and have a great time!
Download our Fundraising Toolkit (PDF) and Chrysalis Branding Brand Guide (PDF) and make a difference today! Here are just a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Give Back Night: Invite the community to a special night at a restaurant, brewery or pub and donate a percentage of the proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Jeans Day: Staff or students can pay $5 each to wear jeans instead of more formal attire!
- Lunch and Learn: Schedule a lunch and learn at your work, and Chrysalis Center will send a speaker to tell your staff about our life-changing programs and how you can make a difference.
- Food Drive or Collection Drive: Host a food drive or collect items for Chrysalis Center clients at your office, on campus, or with friends online. Set a realistic goal and challenge others to participate by donating money or goods to benefit Chrysalis Center’s Freshplace food pantry. Our wish list of items can be found HERE! Scroll down until you see Chrysalis Center’s “Wish Lists”.
- Birthday Fundraiser: In lieu of gifts, ask friends, family and coworkers to donate to Chrysalis Center.
- Athletic Milestone: Running a marathon or riding in a bike race? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a tribute gift to Chrysalis Center in your honor.
- Walk/Run: Organize your own walk/run with friends, colleagues, and family. Plan a route in your neighborhood (or venture somewhere new) and end with a casual lunch or barbecue. Encourage participants to bring a donation for Chrysalis Center.
- Car Wash: Organize a car wash and donate proceeds to Chrysalis Center.
- Scouts or Mitzvah Project: This is a great opportunity to get the kids involved and instill the values of philanthropy at a young age. Here’s a great example of one 16-year-old who came through for us!
Do you have feedback, more event suggestions, photos, or a story about an amazing event you’ve hosted?
Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our Facebook page