Chrysalis Center is a private, non-profit, socially innovative multiservice organization that serves individuals and families living in the State of Connecticut.
“Getting help… Getting better… and Giving Back.”
chrysalis (kris-uh-lis): the cocoon of a butterfly or moth
Our name and butterfly logo symbolize the transformation people undergo as they work to change their lives.
- Farmers MarketFarmers travel from all over Connecticut to bring fresh vegetables, fruits and flowers, as well as homemade goodies, to our Farmers' Market.
- FreshplaceFreshplace is a fresh food pantry serving the Upper Albany and Asylum Hill neighborhoods in Hartford.
- Green Door GalleryThe Green Door Gallery offers space to showcase artistic talents of those we serve as well as community members.
- La CocinaLa Cocina (“the kitchen”) is a commercial kitchen offering culinary arts training for low-income individuals.
- Railway GardensRailway Gardens is a volunteer effort to grow fresh foods for patrons of the Freshplace food pantry.