Chrysalis Center is a private, non-profit, socially innovative multiservice organization that serves individuals and families living in the State of Connecticut.
Special viewing of "TRANSFORMED LIVES"
From the staff at Chrysalis Center
“Getting help… Getting better… and Giving Back.”
chrysalis (kris-uh-lis): the cocoon of a butterfly or moth
Our name and butterfly logo symbolize the transformation people undergo as they work to change their lives.
- Farmers MarketFarmers travel from all over Connecticut to bring fresh vegetables, fruits and flowers, as well as homemade goodies, to our Farmers' Market.
- FreshplaceFreshplace is a fresh food pantry serving the Upper Albany and Asylum Hill neighborhoods in Hartford.
- Green Door GalleryThe Green Door Gallery offers space to showcase artistic talents of those we serve as well as community members.
- La CocinaLa Cocina (“the kitchen”) is a commercial kitchen offering culinary arts training for low-income individuals.
- Railway GardensRailway Gardens is a volunteer effort to grow fresh foods for patrons of the Freshplace food pantry.