Chrysalis Center, Inc.
Type of organization: non-profit corporation with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
Principal Services: Chrysalis Center provides social services and develops supportive housing in the State of Connecticut. We help people living in poverty who struggle with mental illness, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, release from incarceration and homelessness. Our main office is in Hartford, CT.
Each year, we help over 4,000 individuals and families through:
- Community Support Services and Case Management
- Community Employment Services
- Community Supportive Housing Services
- Affordable Housing Development
- Recovery Services
- Community Connections
Governed by: Board of Directors
Chief Executive Officer: Sharon L. Castelli
Headquarters: 255 Homestead Avenue in Hartford, CT (corner of Homestead Avenue and Woodland Street)
Headquarters building: Built in 1911, it formerly housed Sisson Drug, Bryant & Chapman Dairy and Sealtest Dairy. Total square footage: 65,000. Square footage of renovations completed in 2009: 40,000. Cost of renovations: $6.4 million.
Number of staff: approximately 100.
Operating budget: $9,711,567 (Fiscal Year 2018-2019)
- The State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- The State of Connecticut Department of Correction
- The State of Connecticut Department of Housing
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- HOPWA Program (Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS)
- The United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut
Accredited by: CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for:
- Community Case Management and Housing Services
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services