Sharon L. Castelli
Chief Executive Officer
Thank you for visiting Chrysalis Center’s website. We hope you find it helpful and informative.
When Chrysalis Center opened in 1975, the agency provided support services to adults living in poverty who struggled with mental illness to help them live as independently as possible in the community. Over the years, we’ve grown and changed to meet the community’s changing needs.
Today, we also help low-income people dealing with substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, release from incarceration and homelessness. Our services have grown beyond community support services and case management to include community employment services, community supportive housing, recovery services, affordable housing development and community connections.
We believe that each person, regardless of their illness, disability or life circumstance, has strengths, skills and experiences to build on. We work to offer quality services that respect the dignity of each person and their cultural background. We offer hope and guidance as individuals make choices to rebuild their lives. We work in partnership with individuals as they work toward Getting help…Getting better…Giving back.
We hope you’ll join us in our mission to help those who are among the most vulnerable in our community. Check out our upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Give us a call to schedule a tour or find out more. We welcome your interest and support.
Wendy D. Hodge
Maryellen M. Shuckerow
Board of Directors
Board of Directors of Chrysalis Center, Inc.
- Steven Ruth, Chairman - SMC Partners
- Carol Larco-Murzyn, Vice Chairman - Retired, LL Global Inc.
- Robert Lowry, Treasurer - Fiduciary Investment Advisors
- Karen D'Arco, Secretary - Beacon Prescriptions
- Jordan Fogel - United Bank
- Rosendo Garza, Jr. - Day Pitney, LLC
- Frank Giguere - Hartford Steam Boiler
- Thomas P. Kennedy - The Hartford
- Christopher A. McKinnon - Eversource
- Sharon Williams - Hartford Steam Boiler