We continually work to meet the changing needs of our community. Community Connections bring together staff, volunteers and community members to enhance the quality of life in our area. Community Connections include:
- Farmers MarketFarmers travel from all over Connecticut to bring fresh vegetables, fruits and flowers, as well as homemade goodies, to our Farmers' Market.
- FreshplaceFreshplace is a fresh food pantry serving the Upper Albany and Asylum Hill neighborhoods in Hartford.
- Green Door GalleryThe Green Door Gallery offers space to showcase artistic talents of those we serve as well as community members.
- La CocinaLa Cocina (“the kitchen”) is a commercial kitchen offering culinary arts training for low-income individuals.
- Railway GardensRailway Gardens is a volunteer effort to grow fresh foods for patrons of the Freshplace food pantry.